Monday, April 28, 2008

Stories That Live



Is it a music blog sin to post about one's own band? I'm still quite new here in blogland and not up on everything that's kosher, so forgive me if I transgress any unwritten rules. My deepest apologies...

Aw hell, I'm just kidding. I've had no issues with playing my own band on the radio and booking us at my own 8 off 8th, so it should go without saying at this point that I have no qualms about shameless self-promotion.

ANYWAY. I play bass in Stories That Live. We're led by a dapper dressed former rapper (yes, seriously... he's quite good, actually) by the name of Brockford Lee. Last year we lost one member to the Army and another to the pulpit. We're currently in need of an ace drummer if y'all know any. Until then, Andy Spore from How I Became the Bomb has been filling the gap quite nicely in what little spare time he has.

Check out our newest jam, "I'm Gonna Kill Your Boyfriend" and our feel good hit of Summer '07, "What Does It Take" - we're playing both tonight at 8 Off 8th.

"I'm Gonna Kill Your Boyfriend"
"What Does It Take"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To answer your question, I kinda think that it is. I try to avoid it, just because self promotion on the blog seems somehow unseemly, a violation of some kind of journalistic ethics. I have on occasion however plugged a band that we were playing with, but only when I was truly excited about playing with them. I've only completely devoted a post to us once, and that was because I really really REALLY love that song, and the whole point of starting my blog was to write about music I love, so I figured rules are made to be broken... sometimes.

Unknown said...

Joe keep up the self promotion. Did I mention that I have a blog? www.ulikafoodblog.com

Great tunes also!!